The Main Requirements for Daw’ Financial grants
- 1. The applicant -a legal entity- must be a Saudi establishment established and registered in accordance with the applicable laws (in force) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and must have a valid Saudi commercial registration (for at least one year). It's possible for a foreign applicant to be a partner in a Saudi company or have a branch of their company established in the Kingdom or be a partner in a foreign company contracted with a Saudi entity, provided that the contract concluded between the two entities does not violate any of the regulations in force in the Kingdom.
- 2. The production company must be registered and licensed to produce films in Saudi.
- 3. The applicant must have a license from the relevant authorities to approve the script for both feature and short form films.
- 4. The director or producer must be either a Saudi national, born to a Saudi mother, or born in Saudi Arabia.
- 5. The writer of the script must be either a Saudi national, born to a Saudi mother or born in Saudi Arabia. If the co-writer for the submitted script is Saudi, they must be credited.
- 6. The applicant's personal information must be complete and correct. No information will be accepted from sources other than the official channels.
- 7. The applicant must own all intellectual property rights related to the material submitted or have been granted permission by the owner of those rights to submit the work.
- 8. All grants awarded by “Daw'” must be spent within Saudi Arabia, unless the genre of a story requires otherwise, according to the jury committees's assessment.
- 9. Ministry of Culture, Film Commission, companies involved in the project, advertising agencies, and members of the jury committees are not eligible to apply or participate in Daw'.
- 10. The applicant company or production team should be dedicated to this project, and proof of its ability to implement must be submitted if there are other existing projects.
- 11. It is required that at least 40% of the crew working in (Above-The-Line) are Saudi national, born to a Saudi mother, or born in Saudi Arabia.